Wednesday, February 15
















someone called me at 8 a.m. this morning.



i refused to open my eyes. grabbed the phone



next to me. morning again?!! i hate mornings.






i wasn't like this most of my life. i ran out at 5:30 a.m.



every morning for years when i was marathoning. then



i had babies and young children. they are ALWAYS



awake early. but today? it just takes courage to wake



up and figure out how i can be productive with hours on



my hands. i am never inspired to start with a quiet time.



please don't judge me. i want to check my emails. to



see what is on the news. well, really, i just don't want



to do anything...but stay under the warm covers.






but.....starting my day with Jesus, i know everything will



work out better. it always does. in my little devotional book



by sarah young, she says ... "give yourself fully to the



adventure of today. walk boldly." she reminds me that



Jesus is my Companion. my Peace.






in colossians and 2nd corinthians, it says: "though



He was crucified in weakness, yet He



lives by the power of God. for we also are weak



in Him, but we shall live with him by the power of God."






so now you know something more about me. mornings!



it is like facing a tornado, and i have to walk through it to



start my day. i think it is more than the bills i have to



take care of and being alone and having to try and



stretch my money to survive. i really get up and give



life my best because i have the four sweetest sons on



earth and two grandchildren and they are counting on



me to make it.






it really helps me to go to the gym and



run for two hours. my 30-day membership has



expired, but i am ready to barter and give up all



kinds of things to try and get a year at the gym.






so, today, with the crack and noise of the hard



stuff ringing in our ears, i know Jehovah Jireh



is our Provider. Jehovah Rapha is our Healer.



and i am going to run this Race, knowing you are



beside me, and if we have to eat dirt and forget



all kinds of pleasures, we ARE sure that Jesus



loves us and will see us through.






never, ever, ever, ever give up.



there are surprises God has lined up for



us along the way. for me, the hardest part



is just getting up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment