Sunday, November 24

"this is the air i breathe.
Your very words spoken
to me....and i..i'm desperate
for You. i'm lost without You.."

i was standing with a couple of
very good friends...and they
were brewing thoughts
and feelings about someone i
love very much. i just stood
there while they verbalized 
some negative pieces of this
woman. there would be a spurt
of laughter, and the conversation
progressed to a higher level.

trust me, i have failed, at 
times, to not cover people's
backs, but raising four sons
as a widow. being responsible
for their character building, and
my deep, pure belief that love
transcends all differences, the
core of my belief system has
stood the tests of time. i have
four sons who always have my 
back. absolutely always. and
the same goes for each other.

i looked at my friends, smiling.
we are all so human. flawed.
imperfect. write my name at
the top of the list.

"ann, why are you suddenly so
quiet?"

"i just wish we could talk about
something else. we're all so
imperfect. let's believe in the
best in each other. what else
can we talk about?"

that simple.
we made a quick, smooth shift,
and i felt so much happier.

"HE WHO COVERS OVER AN
OFFENSE, PROMOTES LOVE,
BUT WHOEVER REPEATS THE
MATTER, SEPARATES FRIENDS"
proverbs 17:9

this thanksgiving,
let's breathe God's air,
and dance in the desperate
beauty of His Presence.


2 comments: