Monday, January 7

divine waters of second chances

"my sin...oh, the bliss of this
glorious thought..
my sin, not in part but the whole.
is nailed to the Cross, and I bear
it no more....
bless the Lord. bless the Lord..
oh, my soul."

when i was at my university, to
receive a reward,
I saw my old friend..ken tippitt.

he was the song
leader of the church I attended
years ago..attending college.

i was at the choir's practice,
and ken began to weep. I was still
too young to grasp the enormity
of my sins, but the Spirit of God
swept over us, and this old hymn
was stitched into my heart.

many years later,
my understanding of these words
shifts my universe. blows open
all the windows. takes my death
and negates hopeless despair.

instead, written across the sky,
"ann, I give you life. clean, running,
divine waters of second chances.
washed by the "Blood of the Lamb."

believe in the power of Jesus.
believe in His Blood. our only Hope
for the coming year.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ann, for remembering this time when God took over our rehearsal and blessed us. I needed this reminder today. Another verse to that wonderful old hymn says....

    "Tho Satan should buffet, tho trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control....
    That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul."

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. that second verse u posted was
    riveting and powerful, too. amazing!
    that little window ..from all the yrs.
    of my life experiences..still fresh in
    my mind...and that it was sung
    that Sunday a couple mos. ago when we were both there. it was great being w/u again.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that hymn. God has forgiven us ALL our sins--past, present, future. He is miraculous!

    ReplyDelete