Saturday, April 28

"ho, everyone who is thirsty in spirit...."
 
thirsty?
ravaged by heat waves of doubt and
despair.  begging...longing to dip our
fingers of pain into cool waters.  our
scorched hope and dreams begging for
a Savior. 
 
rain, Lord, rain.
rain down our faces and shoulders
and into every dark place in our lives.
 
i'm thirsty, Lord.  in my soul.
down to my toes that take me running...
right beside you.  but  sometimes i don't
feel worthy.  heat rising off my hurt and pain
and disappointments.
 
"ho, everyone who is weary and sad..."
are you tired of the journey?  disappointment?
never expecting years and years for dreams to live.
sacrifice and pain and yes, even the death of the vision.
i've taught my children that dreams CANNOT live until
they first die.  and dying....utterly surrendering to God's will..
is one of the hardest tasks any human can plough through.
 
surrendering what we think the vision should be,
and allowing God to take over.  our very best plans
are counterfeit to what God has instore for us.
 
"come to the fountain,
there's fullness in Jesus....
ALL you are looking for,
come and be found.."
 
we're coming Lord.
running. stumbling. arms reaching out.
do you see us, Jesus?  hear the noise
of our feet slapping on the road behind you.?"
we are coming.  we are so human. You know
we are just dust.
 
"i will pour water on him that is thirsty.
i will pour floods upon the dry ground.
open your hearts to the gifts I am bringing.
all you are looking for, I can be found."
(an old hymn we sang on Sunday night
meetings)
 
the Lord has EVERYTHING
we need to have our thirst quenched.
He sees the whole world, and waits for
us to run to Him.
 
here. take my hand. and you take the hand
next to you.  and we will pass it around so
the whole world knows.  rain, water, rain.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. ANN, THAT IS ABSOLUTLEY WHERE I AM...SEEKING JESUS AND HIS RAIN! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR HEART! I AM RUNNING WITH YOU AS I GRAB YOUR HAND...RUNNING TO JESUS AND HIS RAIN!

    ReplyDelete