Thursday, September 6

"though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall be as wool." book of Isaiah

in all the Bible, there are no more beautiful
words to me than these. the story of
Redemption. of hope for the hopeless.
the weight....the terrible heaviness..of sin.
and God's ability, through Jesus, to lift
it. in an instant. a moment. to take the
sickness in our heads and the rage and
revenge in our hearts and heal us.
peace and the smile of God and clean
hope and promise.

"this is my story...this is my song....
praising my Savior all the day long.
this is my story...this is my song...
praising my Savior all the day long."

if you have lived long enough.
or are honest enough.
if you dig deep into the pulse of your soul,
you will know that there is no goodness in us.
none at all. not a speck or a drop. Jesus is
our Song. Jesus is our Redemption. Jesus is
our Goodness. He takes our ugly, twisted state...
our addictions and rage and fear and self-absorbed
games and washes us. cleans us up.

pour, cleansing flow, over us.
wash our eyes with Your tears of
complete forgiveness and love. may we
feel the Breeze of Your Presence.
and rest. and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment